Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dad



Yesterday i took a visit with my Dad...
and normally that would have been quite sad
but instead of sitting quietly in the cemetery
i had a wonderful conversation that was really quite merry

You see a long time ago when God said that He needed my Dad more
i went to visit with a woman whom they said that the spirits did adore
and as she took my trembling hand and calmed my beating Heart
she gently explained to me that Love can never depart

And she took me on a journey to my Soul
where my Dearest and i went for a stroll
my Dad reminding me that we all have a reason
and that for now that he had completed his season

So at this time some twelve years later
looking for myself this time and something greater
i put out to the bigger Universe
that it was time again for my Dad and i to converse

So on retiring to my bed the night before
i whispered quietly to him that Life had become a chore
and if he wasn't too busy up in Heaven...
Could he be available for tomorrow say 'round eleven?

And so i took me and my heavy Heart
like a big piece of unfinished art
to the kind lady they called Miriam
who attempted to work me through my delirium

Well my Dad was there right on time!
and for the sake of this naive little rhyme
i will get straight to the point
and let you know that he didn't disappoint!

He was funny and happy and still full of Life
and he spoke of my children, of me and his still Beloved wife
and we laughed together and reminisced and there were tears
as with gentle words he wiped away all my fears

And said to me in all his Wisdom
that even though that now he was now in God's Kingdom
to never fear that there will Always be a way
for He and i to meet and chat... halfway



Love you Dad

Always in my Heart

<3

9 comments:

Zom said...

Oh goodie, does this mean that the NollyPosh book will be in rhyme?
xox

Natalie said...

I am so glad sweetheart. ♥

Robin said...

Beautiful memories.... when I had a car, I used to visit my Father's grave and although I knew he was not really there...just his remains, still, I would sit alongside the grave and talk with him. Now, I am carless....and the cemetary is unreachable without one...I still have my talks 0 but not at the gravesite....I miss that.

Beautiful poem, dear Vicki!

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

BeMistified said...

So lovely. Brought tears to my eyes.

Annie said...

beautiful, made me cry. Hugs. xoxo

nollyposh said...

It's just a silly ol poem but it warms my Heart that you guys found the ~Love~ buried there *kisses*

The Tusk said...

One of my beliefs in my crazy own religion, be it god or The breath of God carried with the Wind and when in Harmony with Nature we make the sounds and Actions of those Beings and Animals around us affect or effect our moods and actions, we all harmonize together. The feeling is at once mutual, uplifting, inspiring, and healing. Whenever I read into someones thoughts and a connection is made I sometimes feel a chill, it can be gratifying, it is almost in its purest sense a healing. I got a chill reading your words, the one that is numbing when your sad, frigid when your cold, but always it is gratifying, because I know my body, mind, and soul are healing themselves, because of the humanitywe share between and among ourselves, that this can be said to be the shared and common Love we have between and amongst our friends. This is not a passionate Love that is confused when running side by side with Lust, that this is That friendship Love. The kind of thing(Norwegion Word), when you say, I love when you do that. Make me feel good all over, without even touching me, because you have touched my Soul.

So can I express my religion through my heart and soul anymore, than when you touch my soul, Are these feelings Scientifically expressed or understood. I care to believe more to man than not believe in more to man. I'd rather be religious than atheiest, any day, because I can heal myself knowing that my friends and there and after life there life lives within mine, and their soul is kept within my heart, and yes dad I know you are there looking after me.

nollyposh said...

Thankyou Tusk <3 <3 <3

~ maggie brudos ~ said...

*** i absolutely love this ***