Monday, April 26, 2010

i get this...



"...that the goodness in your life does not come to you

from someone else. When you see this, you will be free.

There is no reason and no need to "play up" to another,

or to try to remain in their good graces. Remain in your

own, by not betraying yourself. Simply speak your truth,

with gentleness and love.

And have courage, for what you seek is not outside of

you. It is not a gift from another person. It is yours -- to

give, not to acquire. Let no one, therefore, hold you

hostage. Not your partner, not your boss, not your

family...and certainly not your God."


...Neale Donald Walsch


<3>

12 comments:

indie grrrl said...

<3 you!

Barry said...

Very true. Our difference is what makes us unique, something to celebrate, not hide.

Natalie said...

LOvely words that I need to remember. ♥♥xx

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Perfectly stated!
Smiles,Pat

Annie said...

Nolly, I had learned this the hard way. I have to remind myself often. Thank you for this. xoxo

nollyposh said...

oppz i should've also said these are the words of Neale Donald Walsch!

Robin said...

So true - but often difficult to live by on a daily basis.... but, one can try -....

Thinking of you dear Nolly and sending love and strength,

Hugs,

♥ Robin ♥

The Tusk said...

So much can be said for ENVY, not a virtuous trait in the least.

Sometimes we play up to those we envy, out of a desire to be more like them.

The grass may look greener on the other side, but looks can be deceiving.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is such a revelation post.
Like words coming direct and caring.
I haven't forgotten your doll, sorry for taking so long. Was thinking would you mind if I sent you a painting instead? My mind is all over the shop at the moment.
Would you like the latest one I've painted the angel bird blue wings?
Hope you are having a great week!
Hugs!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Still a gift!

Zom said...

Wow. That goes into my art journal. Words I need to remember.
xox

nollyposh said...

Dear Julie-Ann, Please don't worry as i too have been too busy lately too (Too many too's! Lol!) i will catch up with you when i have my act too~gether too X;-)

Zom <3 <3 <3