
i ponder this
in the aftermath
of the letting go of my 'roots'
(my ovaries)...
i ponder this
as i watch my first born
struggle with the experience of society's 'accepted'
and stressful demands upon her spirit
(VCE/college exams)
i ponder this
as i remember my fellow 'roomies'
in hospital dealing with their own versions
of cancer
i ponder this
as i watch my husband try to juggle
the expectations of fatherhood
i ponder this
as i watch my mother
watch her mother
slip into old age
i ponder this
as i watch my son
start to stretch his boys legs
into manhood
i ponder this
as i wipe away my youngest's tears
and try to mend her small broken heart
from the mean words of the world
i ponder this
as i watch the small lifeless creature
that the cat dragged in
i ponder upon the art of suffering today
and it's place in our human journey
<3
15 comments:
Yes, me too.
What does it all mean...really.
One big lesson in acceptance and gratitude for the small stuff
Yes.
Love to you ,and I am holding your hand.xx♥
The sweet suffering of a physical incarnation.
Did you know that spirits/souls actually line up for a physical incarnation? High learning curve and the opportunity for experiences available no other way.
xxox
I'm pondering all you wrote, Vicki. And what Zom said. I'm reaching around the planet right now with a hug, and to sit with you in simple silence to ponder it all. hugzzz, Nolly.
after pondering this... i still didn't understand why
Goodness how very profound and wonderfully posed. I often wonder about suffering. I know that true suffering is said to bring us closer to God. I wish there were another way....
Because in the end, the only way to be able to experience and appreciate joy, is to know what suffering is. I believe.
Nice post, I am glad that I found your blog.
SG
I like this buddhist thought - life is suffering, we donot need to suffer over our suffering.
I'm listening to the Echart Tolle New Earth cd's - from the local library and he has so many good thoughts on parenting and also breaking free from the ego. Be well Ms Vicki :)))))
Michelle oxoxoxoxoxox
Natalie (((hugs))) xox
DDZ i love that ~sweet suffering~ and sometimes if i close my eyes really tight and listen with all my heart, i can hear them cheering me on too X:-)
Lille Diane and such a lovely warm hug it is Thankyou x
GH Welcome to my little corner X:-)
KLG and so it does xox
StrawberryGirl X:-) Thankyou for dropping by x
Hey Robin X:-) Thankyou so apt that wonderful quote, i will write that one down and ponder it more xox
softly heard in the ethers: "Go Vicki, you are doing great! You are everything we had hoped you would be. You are beautiful and making us proud! We love you!"
(we just borrowed DDZ's avitar because we don't have a computer.)
xxox
Your angels.
I don't know why we suffer Vicki.
This was a beautiful post. One that I will be thinking of for a long time.
xxoxoxo
i ~LOve you guys... yOu all have wings in my worlde <3
It is an ages old pondering.... we ponder it still. You did beautifully.
Sydney <3
Sydney <3
Post a Comment