Friday, August 27, 2010

shallow breathing



it occurred to me today
that i should allow my Soul
speech
even if i should feel
my words to be
too clumsy

it occurred to me today
that no matter how hard
or how fast
one tries to run
from oneself
ones reflection
is still in the pond
murky it be

and that ones shadow
still stands by ones feet
even in the dark...

it occurred to me today
that Life is less about
things becoming harder
and more about why
one becomes more fragile

it occurred to me today
that sometimes one can still be crying
even though tears have forgotten
how to fall

it occurred to me today
that even if a part of oneself says
that it's silly to Believe in the unseen
that one can't deny
a ~touch~
from the invisible

it occurred to me today
that i have indeed been unloved
and betrayed by ~Love~
but it also occurred to me
that scars don't need to be open wounds
forever

it occurred to me today
that the most tender of moments
are always tinged with sadness
but that perhaps it is
meant to be that way

and it occurred to me today
that it is okay...

to be wounded

<3

11 comments:

Zom said...

Not only 'okay to be wounded', but required I think. It is how we stay in the physical.
<3 <3

Natalie said...

It is how we learn to turn to the unseen as well.
Being 'human' and in our 'personalities' and 'ego of fear and separation' keeps us from the love of spirit which actually never leaves us.
It is only our perceptions which don't allow us to see and feel them.

You are MOST loved. xx♥

nollyposh said...

Thanks girlz <3 <3 <3
Just me being self indulgent today and learning how to face my fears *kissez*

christopher said...

Thank you for visiting. I remember you from quite some time ago, I think, have not seen sign of you for a long time. Reading here brought this to mind.

I Will Miss You When You Go

Oh special this day,
the day you chose to show me
how to live, you hung
in branches, setting
like the autumn sun sets here
within the dogwood
tree, like it always
does in every autumn
I've known in this place.

Now I've thought to show
you some token of esteem,
and how love breaks out.

nanakin1 said...

Heartbreakingly beautiful but comforting at the same time! You are indeed most loved, my dear friend.
Hugs

Robin said...

Vicki, so nice to hear your voice again.... I think of you always and hold you close to my heart.

Your words are poignant....and so true.

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

Annie said...

Nolly, this is beautiful and bittersweet. I am sending love and kisses to you from far away, but I know they reach you.
xoxo

kj said...

'it occurred to me today
that Life is less about
things becoming harder
and more about why
one becomes more fragile'

holy moley vicki, this is worth a year of therapy!

this whole poem is touchingly beautiful. i understand every word. and i cannot tell you about spirit or 'change your thought and you change your life' or anything like that because i think what you have shared here is the essence of being a loving and vulnerable human, and i guess the truth is that is something i know and treasure more than just about anything else.

tsup!

kj

nollyposh said...

Dear Chrisopher, Beautiful words as always X:-)

Nancy <3 <3 <3

So nice to hear from you Robin <3

Thankyou Annie, They do *kisses*

Kj (((hugs))) xox

The Tusk said...

Reminds me much of Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barret Browning.

Reminds me much of John Milton, Paradise Lost 1667.

Have you read the latter, ?

Sometimes, I feel like today, that Art in many ways was meant as a protector of our innocence, to say beware don't trespass this is what I'm like, this is what I'd like not to change. The opposer or tresspasser of our art need be wary, even though I forgive those who trespass in their understanding of our art and our way of living, take me lightly, I wonder if had you read my signs and understood my ways as you may have not meant or want to hurt me, so much the way you had unknowingly. Had you knowingly you need see me as I am, and here as I am, I am asking you again and again to understand the hurt you caused and which my forgiveness for your sorrow, you must for certain bear, I wish to you to be free of, as I make myself whole again from my poetry which brings my whole it my certainty of who I am.

Life on the Surface

Why was my word verification Kerse,
curses.....

nollyposh said...

Ooooh Tusk i ~Love~ it! X:-)