Monday, June 30, 2008

Dance me to the end of Love...



I had a dream... I saw my Grandmother, my father's mother, dancing with her husband in their youth... He was handsome in a suit and she was young and beautiful in a white dress of the 40's era and as she softly twirled in the arms of my grandfather, she stopped for a moment and smiled at me...

When she was alive, she was a difficult person and after the death of my father l blamed her for many of his faults... For all the reasons that he could not be close to me in this life... It made me bitter and sad... But she has gone from this place now, as has my grandfather who stayed devoted to his wife for all of his days, regardless of the torment that he must have suffered... Perhaps after my dad died, he went so soon after, maybe because his heart, like mine, broke too...

But then there always comes a time for healing... and l'd like to think that she perhaps came back to me in this way, to remind me... to have no regrets, for this life is short and to remember to...
"Dance to the end of Love"...

4 comments:

Connie said...

I cried through the whole video that I'll have to come back a little later after i wash the eye liner off my face and read what you wrote.

Peace & Love.

nollyposh said...

Aaaawwww! Chickie *HUGS* XoX

Anonymous said...

I love that song and this was the first time I had seen him in that video. My parents were the only people I have ever known who adored each other until the day each one died and I believe that love continues still. Thank you for the video.
Hugs,
Nancy (nanakin1)

nollyposh said...

I know isn't it just beautiful X:-) and yes l too believe that 'Love lives on' Thanks Nancy xox