Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oh to lead a life like Tasha did...


Tasha Tudor celebrated the simple beauty of authenticity.
On June 18, 2008, Tasha leapt ahead to her next great adventure, perhaps to a world as magical as the one she created and shared with us all...

During her life she illustrated nearly one hundred books, the last being the 2003 release, The Corgiville Christmas. She received many awards and honors. She also created thousands of Christmas cards, Advent calendars, valentines, posters, and other works throughout her 70 year career.

Tasha Tudor lived among period antiques, using them in her daily life. She was quite adept at 'Heirloom Crafts', including candle dipping, weaving, soap making, doll making and knitting.

...and she loved tea parties... with REAL tea!

...I want to grow up to be like Tasha X;-)


http://www.tashatudorandfamily.com/who-is-tasha-tudor.html

*NB: Info quotes from latest Victoria Magazine & Tasha's site (Link above)

13 comments:

Zom said...

And I want to be like the Peace Pilgrim http://www.peacepilgrim.com
or Pippie Longstocking.

Do you reckon I could be both?

Erica Herbert said...

VERY cool! thanks for sharing! she is one cute lady!
LOVE.e
i'm getting my scissors sharp!

nollyposh said...

I have a sneeky feeling that they just might be one and the same person already... (Just either end of the life cycle!) *Therefore... easy peasy! X;-)

nollyposh said...

eRiCa! Still wanna know how's ya gonna cut the BACK bits???

Unknown said...

I want to grow up and be like you :) hugs

Connie said...

Ahh..she's such a sweet lady. I want to grow up and be like John Dobson---the sidewalk astronomer! If I can grab enough time today I'll blog about him for you!

Peace & Love.

Sydney said...

My goodness -- I have loooked up to Tasha Tudor's lifestyle for decades... how she lived in her cottage by herself, even in the dead of winter, living self sufficiently well into old age, cooking on a wood stove, sleeping in a four poster bed with bricks under the covers to keep her warm wth her shawls and a cotton head overing, just like people did 1-200 years ago. I liked that she often did her yardwork barefooted. I didn't know she had passed away. Thank you for the link, and for honoring her today.

nollyposh said...

Awwwh MISTIE! *huggin* ya back x

nollyposh said...

Hi Sydney X:-) Small world hey! x

nollyposh said...

"John Dobson's life has been a tremendous inspiration to a great many people. John and the Sidewalk Astronomers continue to serve the public with large telescopes, providing free "star parties" and slide shows under dark skies and city lights, encouraging the citizens of this planet to think and wonder about the Universe and give them a chance to see its beauty with their own eyes"... THANKS Connie girl! xOx

nollyposh said...

(Ps) Connie, I think you are a lot like him! x

Anonymous said...

Tasha Tudor, Fred Rogers, and Jim Henson . . . three of my heroes (heroine)
Hugs,
nanakin1

C. said...

Tasha sounds like an amazing woman!!! How lovely to live among the things that truly make one magical.