Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A most unlikely love song...



Was just fooling around in u tube worlde
when i came across this ZZ Top clip...
Do you remember them?
i do...
(still have my original 45 single!)

And it is this quirky little love song
that still has a memory attached to it
of an affair of my heart...

And like an old black & white movie
the memory runs thus
that i stand on a moonlit eve
on a cliff top
watching the waves gently crashing on the shore far below
and my black taffeta skirt rustles gently in the fragrant summer breeze
and he whispers from behind me that i am a vision
to behold

He was tall and dark with smoldering eyes
and i was young
and such a chemistry was woven around my heart
that i had never known before
where feelings were unspoken
and a touch was so exquisite
as to be almost....
unbearable

sighhhh...

i had no concept of the beauty i had then
so all the more surreal it seemed to me
that someone should be able to see in such a way
so deep into my soul

i still remember his breath on my cheek
and the soft kisses he left on my neck
and how my conscious mind left
and i ceased to be
whenever he stepped too close
to me

And it scared my young spirit so
that i ran away one day
with tears hot on my cheeks
too afraid to allow myself
to be ~truly~ loved

Fearful that i should burn
like the phoenix
in my own fire

And so now i have simply this song
and a memory
that glows softly like a precious jewel
in the shadows of my memories

And like a faraway whisper
i am reminded
that true magic of the heart
never leaves you
and that the most unlikely tunes
can become ~Love songs~

sighhhhh...

x

12 comments:

Carolyn R. Parsons said...

Oh...I remember this song..oh yes! Whatever happened to your love?

It's interesting, I remember how I kept trying to recapture what he looked like after we were apart and I couldn't see him anymore and was so sad...and today, every time I close my eyes he's there, vivid, grinning, beautiful and alive...but my heart knows he's not here anymore...yet somehow...it also knows he's not gone either...just elsewhere...this song is so timely for me

Beautiful tribute to a special love! Thank you for sharing
Breeze
xxx000

Michelle said...

God, we must be riding the same wavelength today Miss Polly :)

Anonymous said...

Vicki, that was beautiful! And yes, I do remember the song!
xoxoxo

Erica Herbert said...

oh Vick~ you have always been & will ALWAYS be~ amazing & beautiful & deserving the PUREST LOVE!
i love you!
e

kj said...

oh nolly posh, this is simply and totally beautiful. the last lines really got to me, almost made me cry. love once in the heart has no where else to go, does it?

do you still run away?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your nice message on my blog!
Hugs from the Netherlands,
Marieke

Anonymous said...

Not from my era but I still like the words.

Anonymous said...

I remember my kiddos listening to ZZ Top and I remember the tune, but I never knew how beautiful and eerie the lyrics were. It was a lovely post. Thanks for sharing.
QMM.

nollyposh said...

Thanks for dropping by guys and HI! Marieke...

and kj: But then i would telling secrets! X;-)

xox

nollyposh said...

"BE" telling!
oh you know what i mean Lol!
X;-)

Lydia said...

Wow! I love this. It speaks to the heart.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your stupendously , warm and uplifting comments!!! So glad to meet you:)

xo Lydia

nollyposh said...

Hi Lydia, so lovely to meet you tOO X:-)