Makes me think of Buddhist sand art and the patience it must take...
Wish i had a little more of that
Patience i mean
Lol!
X;-)
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I always think that the Buddhist sand art must be the most serene, meditative state one could be in, while still being productive. Patience, yes, but there is such a calmness about it. xoxoxo
Yes I love the monks mandalas. I have videos where they blow them away. That breaks my heart. They try to teach material things have no meaning in the journey to enlightenment. QMM
i love the sand art too ... have you ever tried simple mandala art or something like zentangles? i do those as meditation ... milliande has a "zendala" vid on youtube ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Nlz4XMxcs and here's a slide show ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LoC9RSwjE ... you may like it, and it doesn't require nearly as much patience as sand art :)
5 comments:
I always think that the Buddhist sand art must be the most serene, meditative state one could be in, while still being productive. Patience, yes, but there is such a calmness about it.
xoxoxo
Yes I love the monks mandalas. I have videos where they blow them away. That breaks my heart. They try to teach material things have no meaning in the journey to enlightenment.
QMM
i love the sand art too ... have you ever tried simple mandala art or something like zentangles? i do those as meditation ... milliande has a "zendala" vid on youtube ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Nlz4XMxcs and here's a slide show ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LoC9RSwjE ... you may like it, and it doesn't require nearly as much patience as sand art :)
xoxo
I was over to visit his blog and think the comparison between the use of points of sand and points of paint is very apt.
Too bad about the gallery owner. Surprising the pain we can give so casually.
Hi and Thankyou Audrey, QMM, Lisa and Barry xox
(Now must choof over to Milliande!)
Post a Comment