Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Opportunity?





http://www.garbagewarrior.com/index.php

Hmmm... i ponder upon thoughts that if this was done after the Tsunami damage, i wonder what could be achieved after a bushfire? Maybe we could look at 'Earth homes' that would be environmentally sustainable and most especially bushfire safe... Afteral what we have now are entire communities that are gone... Where a total rebuild is necessary... Maybe this could be seen not only as the huge and most terrible tragedy that it is, but also as an opportunity?
... i feel a great sadness and guilt living in a known (and annually prepared) Victorian bushfire zone... ~There but for the Grace of God go we~ ...But what i can also see in the midst of all this sadness though, is huge community spirit and i feel overwhelmed too, with the response from not only our own country but from all over the world... And my heart whispers to me that this is what Mother Nature in all her harsh glory is trying to teach us... Come together, live as one people, it is the only way forward... Let us all hold hands into the future my friends and embrace those ideas and people that have our planet foremost in their hearts...
God Bless our firefighters with their lives currently on the line trying to achieve the seemingly impossible battle of protecting our beautiful forests, her animals and the rest of us xox





xox

10 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, beautiful words Vicki - especially re Mother Natures intentions.

Lisa xx

Unknown said...

Oh Vicki, that Koala Bear made me cry! So touching!

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

I "just" saw a picture of that firefighter giving water to the Koala bear. Poor baby! I'm so glad you're trying to focus on something positive in the midst of this tragic event. Your idea of the 'Earth homes' that are fire repellant is a great idea!

Zom said...

I love your writing.

Love the earth ship, but no need for water in the toilet. We have a compost toilet. I love it.

nollyposh said...

Oh DDZ i want one! X;-)
Thankz for dropping by girlz *kissez*

nanakin1 said...

That's one of the things that makes you so special -- always looking for and FINDING something positive in even the worst situations. Thank you for your wonderful spirit.
Hugs and love,
Nancy (nanakin1)
BTW, I love the idea of earth homes.

~ maggie brudos ~ said...

oo i would love an earth home...

hugs!!

nollyposh said...

(((Hugz))) to Nancy and Maggie x

Red Shoe Artist said...

When I saw that one the news, I sobbed like a baby... I haven't even dared to think too deeply about all the wildlife that has perished.. Thanks for posting this

nollyposh said...

You and me both red (((hugs))) x