
Thankyou to my dearest bloggy friends ~Always~ for your kind words and wonderful friendship
...And just to answer the questions of a few new bloggy friends, in brief about my current state of health:
i was diagnosed with early stages of estrogen dependent breast cancer in my left breast Christmas 2005, i had a lumpectomy & all my lymph nodes removed (left side) and did a full course of chemo, then opted for the natural approach to cancer treatment (instead of radiotherapy) following the well known Ian Gawler and got myself a Guru/spiritual teacher (ie) for a total mind, body & spirit approach... Then last year i had a re-occurrance in that same left breast, had a full mastectomy, but as the cancer was not able to be fully cleared from the site, i then decided to do radiotherapy for the tumors that had become visible along my scar... This was successful and therefore this time i opted out of a 2nd course of chemo... This coming May i will be having my ovaries out as a preventative, to suppress the estrogen that my body produces instead of hormonal therapy, although i will take one drug after wards that will suppress the estrogen that my fatty tissue will produce... i have been blessed with a beautiful surgeon that is a true healer and is very open to working with my personal opinions of what it means 'to heal'... i plan to practice regular meditation again, that i have always found to have profound affects on my health and well being... i got myself a tattoo (on my writing hand) with my 2nd cancer bout, of a Dragonfly to remind myself that the afflictions of the body are not of the soul and as such are just an illusion that i have a choice about... Just as the Dragonfly emerges from his watery life into that of a creature of the sky, so have i been transformed by the gift of cancer
Thankyou for asking my lovely bloggy friends and for your kindnesses small and large that have at times, been my saving ~Grace~
Love to you,
Vicki
(ps) It seems bloggy land has it's own time schedule today and i am at it's mercy for some reason (???) as to when this post will actually be posted... So fingers crossed, i guess it will be, ~when~ it will be X;-)
xox
19 comments:
Thank you for sharing - I feel very strongly that we help each other on this shared journey through our openness and vulnerabilities.
Love to you!
xoxoxo
Audrey <3
Wow. Thank you for sharing. I too resonate strongly with the dragonfly and seeing through the illusion seems to be my life lesson :)
Love to you
xxx
Isn't it wonderful that your surgeon is so open, Vicki? That made me feel proud somehow......
Bloggy love is wonderful! Especially when it is only a click away.xx♥
Vicki, I was unaware of all that you have been through, as I am new to your blog. I love your attitude - it inspires me.
"to remind myself that the afflictions of the body are not of the soul and as such are just an illusion that i have a choice about..."
wow...
I admire you so much!
I will be sending all my positive and good thoughts along your way in May. Blessings to you and to all your dear ones.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I am hoping all good outcomes for you - the cancer is a terrible visitor, so please do be inhospitable. :)
p.s. I love that painting. Can't remember who it is by. Millais? Hughes? No, no. Who?
Vicki,
You are a true inspiration. I wish all the best...
Hi Nolly. Just blog hopping and I come via Renee's blog just to say hi. I read your post and I of course send you my positive thoughts and hopes for the best. Thank you for sharing. Take care.
Thank you for sharing and being so open. You are an inspiration!
I strongly believe we need to be more open and honest in talking about cancer. Keeping it hidden, and something that can only be whispered about, makes it seem far more frightening and gives it a power it doesn't deserve.
Enjoy your meditations!
Thankyou Vicki -- Though I found your blog a while ago, I came in in the middle of your treatment and never quote could piece together everything... which of course mattered very much to me as I very quickly came to care about you. I tried to go back and piece things together from old posts, but this is really a wonderful one to read.
May is coming up, and we all will be here for you. I just wish I lived down the street, so I could come over and pitch in with a few dinners for the fam when you don't feel like it, and bring you tea and silly magazines to read and be there for hugs when needed. Will have to do a cyber sersion, sigh.
Love,
Thank you for sharing that Vicki. You are very inspiring, I had no idea you were going thru this.
You have a wonderful outlook on life and I look forward to learning more from you in the future.
It is great that you can share your feelings.. it is a source of strength an dinspiration for all who read!
awwwwh Thanks guys
i love you tOO
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Your header is sweet, with those sparkly wings. Made me thing of the dragonfly. Much love to you!
As you know, I admire and care about you sooo much. You have had such a positive effect on my life --even from the other side of the world. Now I look for joy and angels everywhere and most of the time I find them. When I don't, I just try to bring a spot of joy to someone else. Love you, cyber-sister.
Hugs,
Nancy (nanakin1)
Oh Nancy you are really tOO kind! But i ~love~ you all the same my lovely bloggy friend Hee! hEE! <3
Oh yes Rachael, so clever yOu are to notice X:-)
Oh Vicki ~ I read this post first.
Sending you angels, love, hugs and my best wishes as you fight this again...and win this time.
Thank you for stopping by my blog,
G
xx
Thank you for sharing your story. I've just come over and found you through Daria's blog and I'm so glad I have. I love your image and metaphor of a dragonfly. I have a sparkly crystal watch that I like to wear to remind me whenever I check the time that life is sparkly and that I should look up and enjoy it Now. I like your idea of something that you can't take off though, and that isn't covered by a sleeve. It's a beautiful image. I also identify with your thinking about cancer acting as a vehicle of transformation. No-one in their right mind would choose it, but, when life gives you lemons you might as well make the best of them! Your blog is full of positive energy and you have a lovely way of expressing yourself. It's a joy to visit.
Healing thoughts and happiness to you.
Jill B.
Post a Comment