


I am aLwAyS fascinated by just *where* people 'create'... Where they actually reside within their 'creative vortexes'... Yes l BeLiEvE that there ARE such places... where MaGiC resides, where romance and tears and beauty are born... We carry it with us no doubt just as Beatrix Potter did, because we search out the magical places too, but l also believe that we create our own... i bElIeVe... in places of magic... and l believe that even when others don't believe this to be so... They still ~feel~ it to be so... One can ~sense~ when there is MaGiC in the air...
So here my fRiEnDs is my LITTLE magical place (as 'little' it certainly is!)... and the little ~magical~ story that comes with it (Of course!) ...It is crowded and colorful and peaceful this my little hideaway from the world... a MaGiCaL place where l am allowed the space to be at one with mYsElf ...with my tHoUgHtS... and with the mAgIc X;-)
*When we extended our little cottage in 2005... I used to sit with these lovely men (MY builders) and talk about 'stuff', sometimes l would help our painter scrape window edges... These wonderful people were sent to me, as people mostly are l believe, to help me to fulfill my dReAmS...
One day l spoke about how l planned to find a creative space for my aRt to evolve, as l was so sick of packing and unpacking every time l had some creative energy to 'release'... These men said to me that they wanted to help and they proposed a plan that ended up a FRACTION of the cost that it would normally have been, to transform my laundry... (Yes my art room is also my laundry room!)... They brought in a carpenter and measured things up, had me choose a color and reused old floorboards we had stored in the garage... and they created my ~DrEaM~ and my beautiful painter friend would NOT let me pay for his work!
This room was created with ~love~ and because of this it is a tiny bEaUtIfUl place... I know this is true as even 'non-believers' tell me that there is something about my little room...
I used to meditate here as l recovered from cancer... yes indeedie there IS mAgIc in my little room X:-)
12 comments:
Ho! So beautiful story and so wonderful and magical space you´ve created for your self! thanks for sharing and for visiting my blogg! ;D
It is a very magical room- it is filled with so many treasures- I love enlarging it and taking my time to notice what special things you have that surround you. I love it!!!!!
Thanks Chickies X:-)
Hey
Wow you space is so colourful, I love it, so much to look at and the story you tell about it...
thanks
Katherine
That is such a sweet story. I wish I had your heartedness (new word that means full of heart.)
I love your studio...its so you! I also love the pink...a color of great courage and love....also so you!
I'm like you, in that I love to peak into people's studios and stuff...I love to visit homes when its unexpected and get a sense of what their life is about. Our spaces speak so much of who we are.
Peace & Love.
can i come over & sit on your flowered chair & we'll drink tea & chat as i watch you sew?
LOVE.
e
...and all we have to do is close our eyes... and there we all are together from all the faraway corners of the world, in my little mAgIcAl nest away from the noise, sipping the tea that eRiCa brewed ...because only she knows how to brew it the mAgIcAl way... sharing with each other the secrets of the Universe... Can't you just 'see' with your 'Faerie eyes???' Cause l can and we ain't even squished neither! Lol! xox
Vicki,
thanks for sharing that magical place with us!
Carla
That is AMAZING! And doubly so because of the dedication put into creating it.
At the moment I don't have an 'art space'. I have all my stuff in a cabinet of drawers, but soon we are getting another room in the flat we live which will give me space to have a dedicated art area where I can just leave everything out and get back to it whenever I feel like it.
Vicki,
Wow, definitely a magical place and a beautiful story! The Cirque de Soleil music in the background helps to bring your little magical place and your story to life too. You do great things with your blog! Very creative.
ThAnKs girls X:-) ...Crowded but comfy X:-)
Post a Comment